Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Hey God, Are You Listening?


Every day I see God’s presence. I do because I look for Him. My job is a busy one and my days are sometimes a blur, yet I always have time to speak with Him. We can never get too busy to have a conversation of thanks with God. There was a time when it wasn’t that way. I had a period in my life that grief was so blinding and deafening that I thought I had lost my faith. I thought that God and I had nothing to talk about. Where was He when I cried out over the death of my dad? Why was He deaf to my prayers of Him allowing me to have one more conversation with my Father. I even asked Him if He was even listening at all.
   
Well, I expect that many of you have worn these shoes. We are human, and when we are faced with a hurricane in our life, we all go through a time where we can’t see the Father for the storm. We wonder why we have to endure the tortures of health scares, inconveniences of waiting on Him, and not being able to see any improvement in our situation. We think that prayer is a waste of time and we ask that same question. God, are You listening?
  
Now I have some great news. Yes, my child, I hear your cries, is His answer. I can almost hear Him giving us Jeremiah 29:11,” Only I know the plans I have for you, they are plans for good, not for evil”. You see, I have learned that He is always listening, and even though we may not realize it, He is now arranging for your situation to be resolved. Listen closely, and you will hear Him. He may have sent an army of prayer warriors to pray when you couldn’t, to believe when you wouldn’t, and to remind you that your faith need only be the size of a mustard seed to make a difference. He arranged a phone call for a medical appointment, a job placement, and He also woke you today with air in your lungs, all because He has a plan for you. He may have just cleared the storm you had to walk through in order to get your attention. Yes friends, take a moment and make a list of every little blessing you had today. It will be longer than you think. Was God listening to you? Yes, now the question should be, are you listening to God?

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment