Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Everyting Be Irie

Ask Yourself Do You Represent?

Last night, Natalie and I went for a walk on the beach at our resort in Montego Bay. It was dark but not late. On the way down the beach to the chairs we were going to sit in, we had to pass by some of the local salesmen plying their trade but I really did not feel like engaging them and I couldn't hear them anyways as the surf was rather loud. I do admit, I kept us high on the beach as they are only allowed to a certain point but when we got to where we were going to relax, I felt somewhat guilty. There was security around, we had beach distance to work with but that niggling feeling that I did not acknowledge one of God's children bothered me.

In my mind I heard “practice what you preach my son”. But Lord, they are unclean, laying on the side of the road, naked and beaten. The priests and rabbis pass them by, walking on the other side of the road so as not to risk their touch. They look the other way, live behind protective gates, fearing for their own lives and forgetting the lives of the suffering. On that beach last night, I had forgotten what it felt like to be on the other side of the beach and felt ashamed. Would Jesus have started high up the beach when I was on the public side of the beach?

On the way back, we started on the lower side. The man came up to us and said, I am Dr. Feel Good and I introduce myself as Pastor Todd. We bumped knuckles and the gentleman with him shouted, “do you remember me?” “Sure do, we met the first day here!” It was not a long interaction, but it was good. As we walked away, I heard him talking to his friend and then call out “goodnight Padre and your queen” five minutes, if that, to put a smile on a face. Share the Good News, not only in word but also in deed. Take that moment and it be irie Mon!

This Sunday, we welcome back Rev. Glenn Reeder and look forward to the message he has for us. Service starts at 10:30 MST and can be seen live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or viewed afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment