Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Did You Notice The Son Rise?


As I woke from sleep on the first morning of vacation, at about 6:00am, my eyes were flooded with the orange glow of yet another sunrise. Knowing I didn’t have to hurry to go to work, I set my bare feet on the hardwood floor and made my way to the kitchen, being led by our fur baby. Through the window the sun appeared to be about level with the earth, yet the orange globe made itself known through the trees and the morning fog. Ah yes, vacation had started. I took a few minutes to enjoy the quiet, the trace of dew on the lawn, and the warm summer breeze coming in the open window. No, this was not a novel of serenity in my mind, yet I saw it as a gift from God. He had given me just one more day.
    
Normally I would take a passing glance, hit the coffee button, feed the cat, shave, and be off. Today was different. He allowed me rest and reminded me to pay attention, and look for Him every day, and in every direction. He did not disappoint. God recognizes that we all take Him for granted as we carry on with life. Our daily jobs and responsibilities may keep us running, but He keeps us grounded. The few weeks each year that we have a break in our routine, should be a reminder that living to work, is not as important as working to live.
   
Without a clock to punch, we should all make more of an effort to connect, or reconnect with Christ. We may be away from our home church for service, so be reminded to take God in with every turn on your day trips. You may be on vacation, but God never takes one. Your break may just be the time where He finally gets through to you in a way to make you catch your breath. It may be a health scare, a near miss or a breakthrough in your life. Either way Jesus will find a way to rise up in your life.
  
So while you sleep into six am, allowing the sun to crack your eye lids take a moment to breathe. Kiss your spouse good morning, and don’t miss the next Son-rise in your life. Now you can go feed the cat.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment