Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Monday, May 28, 2018

When Love Means Letting Go


Many years ago, my son chose to head to the east coast for university. Natalie and I had already decided to head east but it was not to be close to Austin but that was a nice plus. We got to see him a few times a month but we really didn’t want to interfere in his life. It was great to be available but it was even nicer to see him mature into a fine young gentleman. As time went on, he met a very wonderful young lady, Sham, and his visits to us became a bit less frequent. We watched as they both grew closer and closer and realized we had gained a daughter. This coming week, we are privileged to watch them exchange their vows and our family will grow a little bit more. I was always told that family is family and when you welcome one into the family through marriage, you welcome their family as well.

Jesus welcomed all into the family, Jews and Gentiles alike. His message, love everyone equally and with all you are because we are all His children and we are all related through Him. Last week, the Holy Spirit got a hold of me and I put aside the sermon I had planned and went on a journey of understanding in 1 John 3:11-24 where, in the 23 verse John says “And this is His command: to believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as He commanded us.”

I hope that I have been a good and loving father for my son. For years I have prayed for his wellbeing and for his happiness, I have prayed that God keep him and protect him, I have prayed that he find a special partner to share his life with. God has given him a wonderful and very special woman and for that I thank God. Now, it is time to say goodbye to that little boy and welcome a new family, husband and wife.

 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate. Matt 19:5-6 NIV

This Sunday, we welcome Rev. Glenn Reeder and look forward to the message he has for us. Service starts at 10:30 MST and can be seen live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or viewed afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment