Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Victory: The Proof Is In The Pudding

Over the years, I have heard this phrase over and over but I never really thought of it from a scriptural point of view. The expression, the proof is in the pudding, did not mean the ingredients but rather in the taste. According to Merriam Webster Dictionary, “… the expression "the proof is in the pudding," … is a version of the proverbial "the proof of the pudding is in the eating (or tasting)". So, the real worth or effectiveness of something can be determined by putting it to the test, that is, to compare it to the known truth. Many years ago, a friend and I went to a burger place in Calgary and I was told, no promised, they had the best burger in the world. The proof was in the pudding, rather the burger, and I did have to admit it was the best burger I had ever had. I was skeptical but once I was able to taste it and test it for myself, I was satisfied at his statement. But there in lies the question; why did I doubt my friend’s claim? I had never doubted him before and he had never steered me wrong but he had to talk me into it, to promise me the best if I only had faith.

I had been raised in a Christian household and, even though we were not regular attenders, we were brought up understanding the Truth, the real reason for Christmas and Easter and know who Christ was. As my world went sideways, I still knew my Lord and Saviour but there was a moment when I fully realized the love and compassion He had for me. Like others, I knew the Bible stories, understood there was a God and all that but there was that moment when I tasted the pudding as it were and realized the full worth of His love for us all. He died on the cross and then came back to say, “I told you so, I love you this much”. The proof of His love was in His return.

Then he said, “When I was with you before, I told you that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and in the Psalms must be fulfilled.” Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. And he said, “Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day. It was also written that this message would be proclaimed in the authority of his name to all the nations, beginning in Jerusalem: ‘There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.’  You are witnesses of all these things. Luke 24:44-48 NLT

So, the proof was in the pudding as it were. Just before this passage, Jesus said “look at my hands and my feet, touch me and you can plainly see I am not a ghost. I do respect that people have the right to their own opinion, not everyone likes chocolate pudding, but a wise person will always keep an open mind to the wisdom of those around them. Arthur Conan Doyle wrote “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Christ was alive and had the scars to prove it which goes to prove that He has Risen.

This Sunday, claim the victory of the risen Lord. We invite you to join us either in person (we are limited to numbers inside the building) or online. Should you wish to join us online, click on either link below to join us live:

Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

See you all Sunday.

Blessings,

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment