Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Monday, January 18, 2021

Peter's Picks

 

The Perfect 7-day Diet – Peter’s Picks 

‘Depression Breaker’ 

Day 1: Psalm 40:1, 2 – “I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.” 

Day 2: Psalm 42:11 – “Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again – my Savior and my God!” 

Day 3: 1 Peter 5:6, 7 – “So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” 

Day 4: Psalm 34:17, 18 – “The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.” 

Day 5: 2 Corinthians 1:3, 4 – “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.” 

Day 6: John 16:33 – “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” 

Day 7: Psalm 29:11 – “The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.” 

** Verses taken from the New Living Translation 

 

Let the Joy of the Lord be your strength

 

No comments:

Post a Comment