Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Building On A Relational Foundation

Many years ago, I worked as a Footwear Assistant Manager for Kmart in Edmonton. It had taken years for me to overcome my past lifestyle and start down the road to being a positive, contributing member of society. The moment of truth came when Kmart offered me a store in Winnipeg and, while I didn’t jump at the chance, I did accept the promotion and started to make plans for the move. My Dad and I did not have a solid relationship but I did respect his teachings and wisdom when it came to business and he took me off to the side and said “I think you are ready”. I was very nervous but his support did help me to move forward with a bit more confidence. As the time for me to move grew closer, Dad told me he was going to come with me to Winnipeg in the car and help me get settled. There was a short time of push-back from me but, truth be told, I was relieved that I was not going to make the trip alone. Long story short, we got to Winnipeg, he helped me find a place to live there and, when I was all settled, I drove him to the airport and through tears watched as his plane flew off into the distance. After a few months, I was settling right in, the store was doing great and all was well. It was not until much later I came to find out that Dad had talked to the landlord and asked them to keep an eye on me and should anything happen they were to contact him.

 

“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on His own; He will speak only what He hears, and He will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify Me because it is from Me that He will receive what He will make known to you. All that belongs to the Father is Mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from Me what He will make known to you.” John 16:12-15 NIV

 

There are those out there who will say that God abandoned them and left them on their own. Truth be told, it is not He who leaves us but rather we who seek strength in the flesh and abandon the power and support of the Lord. God has promised to never leave us or abandon us. He left earth to be wit the Father and to intercede on our behalf. The Holy Spirit is with us always and, I would suggest is the Breath of Life (Genesis 2:7 Ruach – Spirit). Christ stated He must leave and the Sprit of Truth would continue. We do not see Jesus in person today BUT the Holy Spirit is with us every step of the way watching over us whether we know it or not. My father made sure I was taken care of while I was in Winnipeg and contacted the landlord weekly to ensure my needs were met and I was doing well.

 

Almost a year ago, my father went to Glory to be with the Master. I know this to be true because he claimed Christ as Saviour. I sat with my dad in the final moments of his life and told him I would never leave him and just before he left this place, I said I would see him soon enough. As he watched over me growing up, I watched over him in his final moments and my Father in Heaven watched him as he made his way into glory. Happy Birthday, dad, see you later.

 

We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person (we are limited to numbers inside the building) or online. Should you wish to join us online, click on either link below to join us live:

Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

 

See you all Sunday.

Blessings

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment