Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Out With The Old And On With The New

I don’t want to end this year on a bad note with anyone so I am now accepting apologies. I saw this on Facebook the other day and got quite the kick out of it. That is when I realized that there are those out there who are going to go through the night of December 31 without dealing with the past. New Years is the celebration of a new start yet people will still wake up in the morning holding onto things from the past. Last Sunday we talked about this and then celebrated communion at the end of the service. Before we all shared in breaking bread, we took some time to reflect and think of the errors, sins and issues we were still holding onto. Did you know that in most cases, the people we have issues with don’t even realize it? That’s right, we see John Doe walking down the street and we secretly think bad thoughts about the person and yet give them a hearty hello and a wave. They haven’t got a clue and yet they are renting space in your mind. So we have issues on the one side where we hold onto anger for our neighbour and we are also lying to the world by putting on a mask.

Paul wrote to the Ephesians to be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. (4:32). We also pray forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. (Matt 6:12). I want to start the new decade off on the right foot. If there is anyone out there that I have not done right by, please forgive me, in fact give me a holler and I will do it directly. Do not let my actions rent space in your head. I can honestly say that I am not perfect, in fact I hold onto the wise words of Paul in this:

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. 1 Tim 1:15-16

With that understanding on both sides of the equation, I am not perfect, please forgive me as my Father in Heaven has forgiven and know this, I have forgiven those who have done me a disservice. That is my resolution for not only this year but for all time. So my question is this, will you also take the challenge?

This Sunday we welcome Rev Bob Hillock to share a message that God has laid on his heart. We invite you to join us if you can at 10:30 MST on Sunday or watch live online on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/ ) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd



No comments:

Post a Comment