Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

We Do Nothing On Our Own

I must say that Tuesday of this past week was one for the books. Without details, I can honestly say it was off to a terrible start that lasted over three hours. The pace of my duties was dizzying and the demand on my time and mental energy was overwhelming. I work in a service industry where service and supply can be very time sensitive. When these two do not line up, then stress can make a person something their nature is not normally. Yet, when things were at their apex, help came from many directions. It was at those moments that I realized that I could not rely on my own resource. A calm word, a gently hand on my shoulder by co-workers, and customers who had the best understanding nature possible, made my day turn around. Mental and physical relief came as my lunch hour allowed me to enjoy the best part of my day, an uninterrupted hour with my wife. Seeing her exit her workplace to come for a lunch date made the morning rush hours melt away. That’s when I saw God’s hand on my day.

In an instant, I realized that He was speaking to me while the static of my morning drowned Him out. I had that aha moment we all hope for. I was reminded that I did nothing that day, on my own. He spoke to me without a word, showed me His presence without fan-fair, and carried me so my aching feet could find rest. He gave me pause to feel sorry for those who can’t bring themselves to believe, yet face pressures and challenges like me, and struggle alone, on their own. I saw in an instant that my faith and belief in Jesus and His grace, were poured onto me when I was overwhelmed. I was reminded of Joshua 1:5 NIV. No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. I felt so special, knowing that I wasn’t alone. God exists, and that belief can and will sustain us through anything. Faith is not religion, it is a belief in something you cannot see or explain.  God’s love for you requires no explanation, just your acceptance, as it is given freely. Remember that it was paid in full.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment