Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

The Promise of the Father

A few years ago, I had an issue with a vehicle and took it into someone for repairs. This person came highly recommended and I was told he was very reasonable when it came to prices. The shop was out in the industrial section so it was a somewhat distant from walking distance home but that was okay because I could get Natalie to run me home. Now, I was a tad sceptical because I have rarely had good experiences with shops so the first visit, for me, is always the test to see if he truly lives up to his reputation. As we pulled up, I noticed the usual gathering of parts vehicles in the compound, the shop was rather sparce of tech and the owner/operator met me in the shop office. Now, for some, this would be a warning flag but it took me right back to the days when I would go into the shop, have a quick chat with the mechanic and walk away knowing I was in good hands and, to tell the truth, I was comfortable right from the start. There are those who want to see a bright and shiny shop with all the bells and whistles, mechanics with fresh uniforms, fresh coffee and nibblies available while they watch the TV or surf on the free Wi-Fi but for me, I want to drop off my vehicle, get an idea of how long and then get on with my day without worrying. Looks don’t mean a thing for me, it is the outcome I hold onto. I went back to pick up the truck and he told me what he had done, told me what would need to be looked at in the future and, when the bill came, it was within a few dollars of what he quoted. He proved to me that what was said about him was absolutely true and I have not gone anywhere else.

A couple thousand years ago, an entire nation was looking for a Person, a Messiah, who could help with personal repairs. For centuries, there had been writings about a Saviour who would come to earth and free the people from tyranny and evil. They were told by many including Isaiah that the Messiah would come and how He would appear to the nation. Somehow, in the translation throughout the centuries, the message was garbled and people came to expect the Messiah to come as a warrior, be born in the palace of God and conquer the enemies of the chosen similar to the way He took care of Sodom and Gomorrah. Instead, they got a babe, born in a stable, a drafty, dank, smelly cave. He was born to a carpenter and a woman of ill repute (she was having a child outside of wedlock) and not to a king in a great palace. Here comes the best part, Jesus had no proof of His divinity, he was a simple child of a simple family with no pedigree. Jesus gave us His everything from the day of His conception until His ascension to repair our lives through His ministry. He gave up His place in Heaven to come to us on earth, He gave his blood, sweat and tears to ensure we would understand the Word and He gave His all on the cross for our eternity. We are in good hands with Christ. He promises us a future in eternity, we simply need to follow Him, declare Him as Saviour and, when the bill comes due, the price has already been paid. Jesus does not need to prove to me He is the King of all kings, the Saviour of us all, He has already been good to His word. If you know Christ, spread the word to your friends and neighbours. If you do not know the Saviour, let me tell you about the best mechanic out there.

This week marks the start of Advent. We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person or watch us online at 10:30 AM as Rev Glenn Reeder brings us week one in the Advent journey.

Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

We look forward to seeing you this Sunday.

Blessings,

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment