Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

I Have A Passion

Many years ago, a friend of mine was looking to buy a house and I went through it with him to see if there were any glaring issues he needed to be aware of before the purchase closed. It was an older home that was going to need some care and repairs right off the hop but there were also some precautionary items that should be scheduled that would greatly reduce the risk of costly repairs in the future. We walked through the home noting issues such as some soft spots in the washroom, staining under the sinks, some of the electrical would require replacing and the insulation was a bit lacking. The list was not huge, but it did add a few thousand to the equation plus there would also be the inconvenience of repairs before moving in. This was nothing major, there are always repairs to be made, some extra cleaning to be done, you just need to plan for it.

They bought the house, did the repairs and settled in but completely forgot about the other pages. The section marked “Items that will need attending to in the future” was forgotten once the paint went on the walls and the mess was cleaned up. The basement was unfinished when they bought it and I suggested he replace the copper pipes in the basement in the future as they were showing their age. I also suggested a new sump pump and a full clean out of the sewer pipes before they finished the basement. One day, the hot water pipe let go in the basement, the clean out in the laundry room was packed with garbage and was useless and the sump pump, which had never come on in the time they were in the house, was inoperable and the basement flooded to the point it was going out the toilet and the bathtub in the basement. I got a note a few months after the flood from my friend who stated “you never told me that the basement plumbing was messed up and now my basement is destroyed. Thanks a ton buddy”. As he stood over the carnage in the basement, all he could think of was “who can I blame other than myself” and I guess I fit the bill.

I look at the story of Noah and think about those outside the Ark pounding on the door demanding to be let in as the waters rose screaming “you never told us this would happen!” You never told us we would wander lost in the wilderness if we strayed away from the teachings and worshipped a golden calf. You never told us that the city would burn if we didn’t stop our evil ways. My passion is to share the Good News and invite people to consider the blessing of His grace available to each and every person on earth. My desire is to live fully in His passion for us all and to communicate that in word and deed everyday. I do not want to be standing at the gate and looking out to those who just realized that they did not heed the call of God on their lives and when the end came, they found the gate closed. When, not if, that time comes, will you be ready to answer the question, “do you know Jesus as your Saviour?”

Jesus replied, “I have already told you, and you don’t believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father’s name. But you don’t believe me because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else.  No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.” John 10:25-30

I am passionate about sharing the Good News, but I am not going to force anyone to believe. I can lead the horse to water, explain just how good the water is, and the benefits of the water on our lives, but it’s the horse’s choice to drink. This week we explore passion. We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person or watch us online at 10:30 AM.

Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

We look forward to seeing you this Sunday.

Blessings,

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment