Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

What Makes You Right?

Just to start off, I am sorry that last week’s Sunday Service was not what I promised but the Holy Spirit got a hold of me and the service changed the day before. This was the first Valentine’s Day that fell on a Sunday for me since I started in ministry and I felt the need to share the story of Valentinus as it was a very powerful testimony of love for others.

This week, I would like to share something that I was blessed to discuss with a friend the other day. The question presented was not one of challenge or defiance but rather, we were talking about was exploratory and a discussion that would lead to reflection and personal growth. I was asked “why should I believe you?” Now for some, this could be the opening for an argument or a defensive rebuttal but for me, it was a wonderful opportunity to dig into the foundation of my faith.

Why would anyone believe anything we have to say about our faith? Have you ever wondered that? Have you wondered why people are skeptical about Christians or their faith message? Last week, I wrote about a video I watched from Jeff Foxworthy and he made a very valid point – Christians need to walk the walk in order to for the message to be relevant. This is a somewhat correct but there is a caveat; we are all human and are not perfect so there are bound to be some hiccups in our own life. So, again, why trust what I have to say about my faith? This was my answer to my friend the other day. I do not expect people to blindly follow me and believe everything I have to say. There is only one absolute truth and that is by His Word. If what I am saying or what I am doing is contrary to the Word, then I would suggest that you hold me to the Truth. There are many out there who will tickle your ears and feed the population the message they want to hear. This is what makes people question the truthfulness of what is preached or spoken. But if the message is founded on the Word of God, then what is being delivered is the Truth. I have said this before and I will say it again; do not believe me, believe the Word and test what I say against the Word. It is up to us to read and meditate on His Message and to do our best to live it but there are those who will manipulate it for their own purpose.

Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. 1 John 4:1

This is the start to a new series about the Truth, how to communicate the Truth and how to spot the false prophets of the world. We invite you to join us this Sunday either in person (we are limited to numbers inside the building) or online. Should you wish to join us online, click on either link below to join us live:

Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

See you all Sunday.

Blessings,

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment