Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Wake Up People!


I am not sure where I heard this song and I can’t say I fully understand all the words but the message got me to thinking. The song, “Wake Up And Get Yourself To Church” by Samm Henshaw is quite the video and I watched it over and over (see YouTube). Two things got me thinking; first, there is the message of the title and secondly there is the energy of the celebration in the church.

So, wake up and get yourself to church. I have heard it said hundreds of times that we don’t have to go to church to believe in God. Come to think, I have said that myself in the past as well. Yes, faith is a very personal thing and is the relationship between the individual and God and you don’t have to go to church to go to Heaven. My question is this; why would you not want to go to church and celebrate with other faith family members. Before you start emailing me saying that church is not my thing, I was hurt by the church or any other excuses let me say this; wake up! Jesus wants His family together and He wants us to be in relationship. How are you going to get away from the great celebration when the roll is called up yonder? There is no hiding in Heaven! Wake up and get yourself to church and start practicing here before you get there.

Next, become a part of the celebration. Move your feet, clap your hands and smile while you sing praise with your faith family. Natalie commented that the video was a bit goofy and tough to understand but the energy had the feet tapping and it put a smile on our faces. I used to say that I didn’t want to go to church and Natalie would say “you have to, you’re the pastor”. Actually, I have only ever mentioned that jokingly because we have fun in church on Sunday. There is feedback, some joking around and fellowship. I find our faith family likes to hang around afterwards to chat. This has been made difficult due to restrictions but there is still that joy when we gather. Church is what we make it and if we want to get together and have fun celebrating relationship with our Saviour and with each other, then church is going to be a place we run to. Wake up, it’s time to celebrate!

We invite you to join us online Sunday at 10:30 AM MST. Click on either link below to join us live:
Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31
YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

See you all Sunday.
Blessings
Pastor Todd
www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment