Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Happy Mother’s Day


So, I was thinking I would write a fancy article that extolled the virtues of mothers and was dripping with warmth and loving thoughts just in time for Mother’s Day. The more I thought of it, the more I realized that my mom wants only one thing; to know that she is loved and admired for being a great mom. I would love to say that my brother and I were perfect angels but we were not. I would really like to say that we completely appreciated absolutely everything that mom did for us throughout the years but we didn’t. The one thing that I can say about my mom is she is the a kind and loving mother with a solid Christian foundation. As my Father in Heaven loves us, my mom comes in a very close second. She would move mountains to ensure her children’s safety, extended family included, and I know for a fact that every time she paddled our behinds when we were younger, she felt every smack deep in her heart. My mom loved so much that she kept us on the straight and narrow not matter how much it pained her and for that I, for one, am truly grateful.

How do I know the love of God? I see it in the actions of my own parents and I saw it in the actions of their parents. I also see it in the actions of my wife and also in my son and his wife. The love demonstrated through word and deed is not only heartwarming but also comforting. Even though there were times when I did not deserve my parents love, they never stopped loving me and even though there are times when I do not deserve my Father’s love, He holds me even tighter. There are those around me who have shared this love, shown forgiveness and live their faith daily. This Sunday, we celebrate the love and influence of our mothers, grandmothers, step mothers, mother-in-laws and other wonderful women who have poured into our lives. Face it, without mothers, none of us would be here today.

Join us if you can at 10:30 MST on Sunday or you can watch us live online on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).
Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment