Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Remember Me, I’m The One Who Loves You


This past week, two gentlemen I knew, passed away. One, I’ve known for about eighteen years, left behind three sons whom he was a mentor to. I can only imagine the teachings, wisdom and knowledge he left with them as he went on ahead to Heaven. The other, I’ve known for about ten years, passed away on Sunday afternoon and attended our church body with his wife. She now grieves his passing, yet knows where he is. He is in the best company of all, Jesus.

Both of these men crossed my mind many times this week and my thoughts were that we should never take anyone in our life for granted. The wisdom I can pass on is to pay attention to each other in our daily lives. With Mother’s Day coming this weekend, I am reminded how blessed I am that mine, and my wife’s mom are still with us. Like many others, I don’t see her as often as I should, despite living next door to her. Yet, our private chats over a coffee and a butter tart always serve as a reminder that God is so good. She is the matriarch of our family, and always has a way of calming any situation just by sitting with a cuppa. She listens with an open mind, hears with her heart, and speaks with wisdom only a parent can. Even in my sixties, I am still being taught from her as she patiently waits, alone for a visit from me or my siblings. Her silent message is remember me I’m the one who loves you.

Jesus is like our moms and dads. He listens with an open mind, hears our cry with His heart, then in His small still voice gives us His wisdom, and He also waits for our visits. He does that through His word in the Bible, or by someone like our pastor or spiritual mentor, but He does deliver. When He was with the apostles, He taught, He listened, and He spoke what Father God wanted mankind to receive. Then came the day when He died in His human body, leaving behind those who would grieve, but only for a short time.

Like my two friends, He too, left His imprint on those He loved. He wants all of us to be with Him in Heaven. So before our loved ones go before us, let’s never take them for granted. Return their phone calls, hug them a lot and love them like there’s no tomorrow, for one day that will be the case. On this Mother’s Day, may we all remember God’s gift to us, our moms. Imagine His voice through them saying, “remember me, I’m the one who loves you”.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment