Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Friday, December 1, 2017

Look Up, Look Forward, And Look For Him

Well, here’s to another great week with God as our co-pilot. I realize that my writings are all flavored with encouragement of God’s grace. That is because I see it every day, and hope that all who read this will do the same. I know that all of us have issues to deal with, and that there are times when we feel kicked when we’re down, yet we all wake up every day. That in itself should be something we give immediate thanks for.
          
I would like to share just one day of God’s grace that happened this past week. While walking into work one morning with a co-worker, we chit chatted about how the morning was so warm, and calm. We were both carrying our first coffee, and were a couple of minutes late. We didn’t fret, rather commented that it was just a minute. She simply said, that we should never waste even one minute of our time. That spoke volumes to me as I realized that God had used her to give both of us a profound message. Don’t waste our lives fretting over things. Remember, He’s got your day planned.
          
Later on that same morning, while serving a customer whom I had never met before, he appreciated the service given and left me with a simple parting message. He asked me and my co-worker to share a cup of kindness for him. Just like that, he was gone. Again, I saw God using him to pass an encouraging spirit forward in the shape of a simple request to love each other.
   
My work day ended this way. My last customer labored his way into my workplace. His health situation was such that a mere few steps would have him gasping for breath. Yet, his kind demeanor and soft spoken voice was not robbed by his illness. He purchased a small handful of screws, and as we chatted, his voice, just above a whisper, gave thanks to God. He simply said, tomorrow will be better, then slowly, but surely made his way to a waiting drive.
          
In these conversations, God shone a light into my eyes, so bright that my soul was heated up. He, in His way, through others will always encourage us to look up, look forward, and look for Him, and that, will carry us through today, and tomorrow.

Mike Shindruk

www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment