Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

What Would Jesus Do?

I remember when people used to wear those bracelets all the time and, to tell the truth, there were a few times when I thought I really should not be wearing this public declaration. Sometimes the promise to do that which would be considered a good reflection of Christ was rather lacking and the bracelet felt more like a tensor bandage biting into my wrist to remind me to act like my Master. These were the times when I was ashamed of my actions. There was also the time when I got not one but two photo radar tickets on the same street at the same location about fifteen minutes apart. On the back of my brown pony was a bright, shiny fish sticker announcing to the world that I was a Christian. The Calgary Police service must have had a great chuckle out of that one. The reason I talk of these incidents is because afterwards I realized that the world was watching and I was helping to perpetuate the misconception that all Christians don’t walk the talk.

He (Saul) fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. Acts 9:4-5

This was the moment that Saul (Paul) went from being the persecutor to the persecuted. Saul rounded up the followers of Christ and, with letters in hand, was involved with the identification, persecution and, in the case of Stephen, witness to the execution of Christians.

 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Mat 25:40 NIV

This passage can also be reversed by saying whatever you did to the least of these my children you have also done to me. When you persecute my people, you also do to Christ. Persecute the Christians and Jesus feels the pain of the masses.  Paul went on from this point to know and understand the fullness of the pain of persecution yet he became one of the most passionate messenger of the Good News.

This week we study the persecution of the church after the death and resurrection of the Messiah. We invite you to join us either in person or on FaceBook Live ( htttp://www.facebook.com/todd.macdonald.3158 ) at 10:30 MST or watch the service at a later date by visiting our website and go to the Live Stream Upload page ( www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca )


Shalom
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment