Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For

This past week, I was listening to a song on YouTube and the song shifted to a sound that I had not heard before. The song was from U2 but there was an additional section that sounded like a church choir. I switched windows to see the video and it was an old rendition of the song being filmed in a church with a choir doing backup. Time to do some research.

I came to find out that Bono wanted this song to be a gospel song, a song of worship to God. The church setting and the choir made me hear it in a different way and I began to look at the lyrics. Take a moment to listen to the lyrics and take the message to heart. There was a part, however, that threw me and I looked for the meaning 
across the internet and in reflection. I still haven’t found what I’m looking for. What did they mean by this?

For years, I searched for happiness and fulfillment in all things and even when I got to the pinnacle, when I rose to the top of the hill, there, in the distance, was another even more grand hill that needed to be conquered, another thing that would fulfill my needs even more. Do you know the problem with religion? Religion has a bad habit of raising the hilltop more and more so we are always seeking to reach the pinnacle only to find that someone has redefined the summit. Many times, the one who redefines the objective is us. We define what we are looking for in such loftiness that we will never be able to see it fulfilled but God, through Christ the Saviour, made it really easy – For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

His message is simple and perfect in its simplicity. He loves each of us right where we are, just as we are. Stop looking for a better way to seek His love, He is with you and me always. This Sunday we bask in His love and celebrate His presence. Sunday service streams on Facebook Live at https://www.facebook.com/todd.macdonald.3158 and starts at 10:30 am MST. We invite you to interact with us as we live stream and join us as we celebrate.

Shalom
Pastor Todd                                 


1 comment: