Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

His House Is Our Home


A number of months ago, my wife and I “adopted” an elderly cat as a result of his owner passing away. He was strange in our home for some time but eventually the fear and uncertainty of his new life became a distant memory. He has quite attached himself to me in particular and my every step is shadowed by his frail frame. He has accepted me as his master, so to speak, seemingly depending on me for everything. From his morning greetings, treats, hours of cuddling on my lap in the evenings to tucking me in each night, each day he depends more and more on me because he has gotten to know me. It’s a familiar unconditional love that a pet brings.

Our relationship with Father God is much the same. He claimed ownership of us long before we ever knew. As we live one life then accept Him into our hearts, we change. Our not knowing Him will quickly fade to memory as we fall in love with Him. The more we learn, the more we want to know about Him. The more we know about Him, the more intimate our relationship with Him becomes. And a day comes when we realize we are completely dependent on Him and not the world. I have experienced more and more of this over the last number of months. Jesus has made His presence known in so many countless ways that it’s now impossible to miss anything He provides. Just like an old frail pet, we can and should live in the comfort of the house of our Master. He has offered His house as our home and Jesus has gone there to prepare a place for us all, and He is coming back, as promised in John 14:2.

Mike Shindruk

www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment