Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Living the Book of James

The book of James teaches and reminds us that being a Christian is much more than saying the right words. Basically, faith words we profess are worth nothing, if we do not back them with our works and actions. Our world can consume us, fooling us into saying the nice words, but not backing them with visible actions to back up what we say. God, the one and only God, commands us in John 15:12 to love each other as He has loved us.

Lately, I have witnessed the book of James being lived out by many of my friends, both in and out of ministry circles. Before, during, and following my stay in hospital, the genuine care, concern, and compassion shown toward me and my family, has been humbling. The social media well wishes and prayers were staggering in their numbers. The phone calls to my home for me were so welcomed, and the many personal visits with coffee, food, and encouragement simply made me weak in both knees. How fitting, that this was in the love month of February.

It showed me that love, is love. Friends cared enough for me to push the world aside to demonstrate this very thing. Whether they go to church or not, they told me and showed God that I meant something to their lives. I know God is pleased, and my eyes are opened to always pay it forward. Show someone your love, as the price is so small, but the reward so great.

Mike Shindruk

Master’s Hand Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment