Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I'm Not Worthy

When I was thirteen, I was with my grandmother in Edmonton and I confided with her that I would one day be a minister. Ask my mom, I was the quiet one. In fact, I was so passive I regularly allowed those in the neighbourhood to practice their fighting skills on me on a fairly regular basis. A few years later, I had become that same person that I ran from and the thought of being a servant of God had long since become a distant memory.

Some say that God looks after fools and drunks. For much of my life, I was the fool and at times the drunk but God had plans for my life and He made sure I was around long enough to realize them. He brought me through some very tough times and, when I realized His call on my life, I came running back to Him but it was with my head down. Jesus met me where I was and showed me just how close He was throughout my life. God was never gone; I just lost sight of Him.

The father watched for his son to come back from a land far away and even though he had treated his father poorly, even forgot him at times, the father kept watch. I am not worthy for the call He put on my life but He has equipped me for a time such as this. He has done this for us all, we just need to take hold of His call on our lives. Allow God to lead the way, He never makes mistakes.

Blessings

Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment