Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Monday, March 25, 2019

When I Grow Up


Everyone has been asked the question. What do you want to be when you grow up? Your children may say, a policeman, or fireman, or a princess, the typical children answers. As we mature, we seek different futures. Personally, I thought I would be a professional musician, a singer, an entertainer. Well, God has rewarded me with more than that career could ever promise. These days, I am content with the abilities He has given to me, and surrounded me with friends, family, and faith. He has gifted me with leading worship for Him. Fortune on the human side is not on my list of priorities. Don’t get me wrong, as many entertainers are successful, and also serve God. Is it for everyone? No. I personally know two well-known entertainers that have found and maintain the balance of a life on the stage, and being servants of God. One, I worked with over thirty years ago, and the other I met about nine years ago, who I can call my friend. I believe, and I well imagine that they would agree that their success is due to their faith in God as their anchor.

God loves our heart, and is glad for success in our lives, regardless of our pursuits. Yet we must all be mindful, that we cannot serve two gods. We cannot chase the money god, or the fame god, and be faithful to the Father with the same commitment.  Luke16:13 NCV tells us” No servant can serve two masters. The servant will hate one master and love the other, or will follow one master and refuse to follow the other. You cannot serve both God and worldly riches.”  My point is this. Strive to provide for your household, yet keep God as the center of your effort and motivation. Also, give thanks for your childhood aspirations that may be seen as your training ground for the work you are doing today in God’s Kingdom. Keep Jesus present in our lives always, not just on Sunday. May we enjoy every reward that the Father gives us, yet not be distracted with the same. What do I want to be when I grow up? A little more like Jesus. How about you?

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment