Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Friday, April 6, 2018

Daily Reminder


Well a week has now passed since we acknowledged Jesus' crucifixion, and celebrated His resurrection. I would like to believe that we, who follow Christ, are still holding onto the reminder of this each day. Are we giving thanks in our own way each day? Are we feeling the gravity of the sacrifice and the elation of the love that He has shown us, or has life resumed as usual? I for one have a renewed sense of thanks and appreciation for the prayers that we sing through our worship. The lyrics now settle even deeper in my heart and spirit, and my hope is that it does the same for everyone.

I have seen each day of this past week how God is revealing Himself. At least this is how I see it. From the chance encounter of a stranger who seemingly had nothing but the early morning sun to warm him, to a private message prayer request from a cousin I have not seen in years. Just like you perhaps, I look for God around every corner, yet He shows up when I least expect Him. I watch for Him, yet never see Him coming, until He has moved in some way. I am including these examples to remind us that we see His presence daily, and not just at Christmas and Easter. He is with us while we are alive, and not just when we are life's end.

It is just the time that we are at a breaking point in life that He makes Himself known. He will be there through our health, financial, and emotional troubles. He doesn't leave or distance Himself from our lives, yet we seem to make the decision to pull away from Him. It is unfair to God that we call on Him only when it is convenient for us. He should not be treated like a fair-weather friend, rather He should be seen as an all-weather friend. My encouragement is this. Enter His house expecting to be filled. Engage in worship with your faith family. Unfold your arms and extend them toward Him. Raise your hands and reach for the sky as He continues to reign down on your situation. In other words, let Him into your home, your heart, and your life, and remember that He would do it all over again, just for you. That, my friends, is how much Jesus loves us.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment