Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Let Us Celebrate The Father


At this point in my life, I have started to realize that the days behind me are greater than the days in front. A friend of mine posted that she has a child in junior high, another starting her final year of public schooling and one who is no longer a teenager. I remember when these kids were ankle biters and now they are all growed-up. The thought hit me, this year I will be a Grampa. That was my dad’s job, not mine. Something that has not changed, however, is how I view my own son. He is still my boy and will always be my son. Biggest difference in all this, my son is now going to be a father. Where has the time gone?

As a father, I could not be more proud of the man my son has become despite my screw-ups in the past. I now realize that I have to shift my focus and let my son take on the new role and I have to focus on becoming Grampa. This is a new role for me and I can only think of my own Grandparents as role models. Questions like how much candy is too much or when should they be allowed sugar cookies? I  talked with my son regarding the rules and regulations concerning their child when he arrives and he thought I meant the rules for them but rather I meant the rules for us to follow so that we did not exceed their defined boundaries. We were ensuring that they knew we recognized their rules and would abide by them so that we would be an integral part of their family’s health and welfare.

Some may look at this as obvious but I look to my Heavenly Father for the example. He watches over all His children with perfect care and loving, letting us go to pursue our dreams but never too far away to jump in when we call out. We have always been His children and He is always our Heavenly Father and nothing can change that. I miss my grandfathers but their influence will live on when I become Grampa in a few short months. I truly miss my own father who just recently went to be with the Lord but I am forever grateful for his love and the lessons he gave me. I am truly grateful for my Father in Heaven who cares so much for us all that He gave us the opportunity to be with Him forever through His own Son, Jesus Christ. My prayer for all the fathers out there is that God strengthen and guide us all to be the best example of love and compassion for our children.

For the month of June we will celebrate and explore the gifts of Holy Spirit. We invite you to join us online Sunday at 10:30 AM MST. Click on either link below to join us live:
Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31
YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

See you all Sunday, online.
Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment