Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Is Today The Day?


Once again I heard “these are the days of Revelation” and “we are in the end times” over the past couple of weeks. Right after the words are spoken, there is a visible change in the person’s expression and I am not sure if it is due to my countenance or if they realize what they have just said. I fear my look may say it all. Maybe I need a selfie stick for such occasions so I can study my facial expressions. Could it be that my face mirrors the expression Bill Engvall makes when he does his “here’s your sign” shtick on Blue Collar Comedy? So, I want to throw this out there for people to ponder.

Jesus came to declare His presence to the world. He took on death, conquered it and promised that all who declare Him as Lord and Saviour would not know death but would, in fact, live in eternity in Glory (see John 3:16-17). He also declared that the Holy Spirit would come to be with us when He returned to the Father so that we would have Him with us for all times and this came to fruition in the upper room on Pentecost (see Acts 2). Christ told the gathered of the time of His return in Luke 21:25-28.

“There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Also in scripture it has been declared that no one knows the day or time of the second coming of the Saviour but I can tell you this it will be sometime in the future. This is where I tend to get the most eye rolls when I state the obvious but I am not privilege to that information, it is above my paygrade but scripture is very clear; be prepared right now because we do not know what the morrow brings. Yes, Revelation 22:20 states “He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”” Which, to me means be prepared because it could happen in the blink of an eye. We are living in difficult times just like we have lived in difficult times in the past. Do not live in fear of the end but rather live in the joy of our Saviour and pay it forward. Live life in the fruit of the Holy Spirit sharing His love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control with all you see and each day will be filled with newness and delight.

For the month of June we will celebrate and explore the gifts of Holy Spirit. We invite you to join us online Sunday at 10:30 AM MST. Click on either link below to join us live:

See you all Sunday, online.
Blessings
Pastor Todd
www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment