Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The Clutch Is Slipping


I tell ya, its rough getting old. Why the other day I got upset because I didn’t have my reading specs on me only to find out they were on my head the whole time. Today was the best of times and the worst of times. I started by getting all set to roll out of the house with all my gear ready and waiting. Now to load the quad onto the trailer, which was already hooked up to the truck, bada bing bada boom and I am rolling to the gas station for fuel then off to the mountains for a day of peace and tranquility. Ramp on the trailer, quad going on and suddenly the ramp shifts, the quad starts to fall off the trailer so I gun it but I forget to grab the brake. The box at the front of the trailer saved me from going through the back of the truck so bonus points there. Hammer and bash the box back together, no harm, no foul but I am now running late.

Get to the corals, the gang is there practicing safe distancing and we are doing well for getting started. I am five minutes late but make up time and we are soon ready to bolt. As I am driving away on the quad, I think “did I lock the truck?” I run back to the truck and yes, it is locked. Now we roll. It was a fabulous day with lots of sun and warmth. We saw some magnificent scenery and I praise God for giving us such a wonderful gift. On the way back to the corals at the end of the day, we took time to pick up some trash to clean things up a bit. However, it did not end there. The quad loaded on the trailer, the gear is pulled out of the storage bins and now it is time to change out of my wet gear and no keys. No keys in my jacket, my pouches, nothing in my storage bins. Did I maybe leave them in the truck or maybe they were on the seat of my quad and fell off in our journey. My clutch is so slipping!

So, here is the amazing thing. In days gone by, I would have been throwing a fit. There would have been some yelling and frantic searching but it was almost as if the hand of God came down and kept things calm. I checked and rechecked while having a great conversation with a guy who had joined us for the first time. I felt compelled to go back to the front of the truck and there, on the hood, was my keys.

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:5

I did feel very unwise when I realized I lost my keys but God protects fools and drunks…and I am no drunk but fully claim the fool. Thank you Father for showing me where to look and for keeping them safe on the hood of my truck in a very public place for an entire day.

We invite you to join us online at 10:30 AM (Mountain Time) on Facebook. Please note the new page address for the Facebook Live service. We are also testing YouTube Live this weekend and will get the address on for next week. Click on the following link: (https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

See you all Sunday, online.
Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment