Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Where There Seems To Be No Way

I’ve faced a brick wall many times in my life. A mere twenty years ago I was in a job I didn’t like, not earning enough to take care of my family, close to losing our home, with no vehicle and no credit to get a loan for one. I was stuck and I was bitter. At almost forty years old, I felt ashamed and trapped by my situation. My job, as the man of the house, was and is to look after my family, and for a while, I was failing. At one point we were so low on food, I literally picked white mushrooms off my lawn to put with potatoes. I couldn’t see past the stress I was under. But God loved me enough and reached out. Without me asking, He picked me up from where I was laying, dusted off my wounded pride, and opened a door. With the only motive being love, my mother took a loan and got us back on the road.

This was a rescue I didn’t recognize, but God put my future back  in motion. Please read Psalm 69:13-18. It’s a prayer cry for help, when we think there’s no hope. I wish to tell you there is. Well, these day’s things are much better for my wife and me. We both have good jobs, reasonably good health, a cozy home, a place by a lake to sit and rest, a good vehicle, wonderful blood and faith families, and yes both of our mom’s still with us who love us unconditionally. All of these, we recognize as God’s gifts and grace in our lives. My wife and I never gave up on each other, just as God never gave up on us.

If your situation has you bitter at God, or someone else, please let go. Do not deflect, rather, listen to the words of encouragement from a friend, or family member. Allow them to speak Jesus into your life, have Him settle inside you, and be open to know that God will make a way, where there seems to be no way. I did, and I was given the strength to share this very personal story with you. Take God one baby step at a time, and before you know it, you’ll be walking with the King.

Mike Shindruk

www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment