Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Natalie, Call My Mom!

So, last year I was really sick with the flu and I could barely lift my head. My wife, Natalie, is a very attentive person but at one point I remembered a commercial from one of the cold remedy companies where the guy was in bed and called out to his wife “honey, call my mom”. Always the smart aleck even on my death bed (I was later told that the term death bed was rather over exaggerated), I called out “Natalie, call my mom!”

I look back over the years and, no disrespect to my dad, any time I was hurt or sick I would always call out to my mom. Superstar athletes, when the camera is on them, call out props to their moms. I have a plaque that was given to me as a present years ago that says “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best but his mother the longest.” There is a special scent that mom’s put out, it’s a soothing scent that is odourless but when the world seems to come crashing in, the mom scent combined with a calming word and a comforting hug can make even the biggest problems melt away.

Mothers, grandmothers, step-mothers, mothers-in-law, substitute mothers, foster mothers all deserve this special day. This Sunday we celebrate one of God’s most precious gifts…our moms. May God bless them all richly! Natalie MacDonald will be bringing the message this Sunday.

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca

1 comment:

  1. Very nice,and we all remember that time when you were"sick". Thanks for the memories. Looking forward to your message Natalie. oh yeah, both of you, don't forget to call your mom.

    ReplyDelete