Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Let The Truth Shine Through


Over the years, I have been taught that the best way to improve oneself is to take and honest and realistic look at yourself. Peal back the layers of self-perception and thoughtfully examine yourself to your very core. Socrates stated “the unexamined life is not worth living”. If we continue to blindly walk through life following the footsteps of the person ahead of us, we should assume at some point we will succumb to the same fate as the one we follow. So, let me carry on a bit more on that vein. If we put on blinders to maintain that focus, shutting out all the outside influences to remain on that path and convince ourselves that path is the only way so much so that we put on masks to hide behind, then do we, over time, loose sight of the beauty around us. Do we loose sight of who we truly are? I made a remark the other day and it is not the first time I have made it and it will not be the last time either. I cannot take credit for the philosophy but I do appreciate the truth of it.

If you truly want to know the reason for a situation or an issue, remove self from the equation and take an honest look from the outside. Get a feel for what others see and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Over twenty years ago, I took the time to examine my life in a new light. What I saw at the time was a life without direction and without purpose. There was a sense of pride in being able to adapt and change depending on the situation, shifting from mask to mask to suit the purpose, but it was living a lie. It took years to shift from that mindset but one day it finally clicked in. Live life with a sense of purpose, be prepared to be transparent and walk with eyes wide open. Yes, there will be those who will mock and be upset by this but who are we here to please? This is part two of the life equation.

Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:3-8

One day, years ago, I took myself out of the equation, asked Holy Spirit to take the reigns and show me a new path, a path that would truly reflect the calling He had on my life. The blinders came off, the Light shone in and from that day forward there was an awakening and a new purpose that was not of me but rather focused on the Kingdom. We are here to live the love of Christ above all else. In times of chaos and confusion, Christ is our foundation, our salvation. We all can be a catalyst to change for a better life.

We invite you to join us online at 10:30 AM (Mountain Time) on Facebook. Please note the new page address for the Facebook Live service and for YouTube Live. Click on the following link:

See you all Sunday, online.
Blessings
Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment