Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Sunday, January 27, 2019

If God Says I can…


Have you ever heard someone say this? I don’t go to church because I don’t have anything to offer, to give, to share, or that God would want. I can’t do anything. At one time or another we have all probably said or thought this. Now here’s the truth, you were wrong, well, mistaken. God is the business of enabling the willing. When you sit in the next church service, take notice of the people around you. You will see ordinary people doing ordinary things that are extraordinary in God’s eyes. I would like to share my observations from our own Sunday services. We are a small ministry in Christ, yet we will have people who pick up our weekly bulletins, fold and present them. Others will greet at the door with a free smile. There are those who man the camera, and computer each week, and there are friends that unload and set up sound equipment for the musicians. Some help with communion, the offering, and lead preservice prayer time.

All of these are ordinary people like you and I. I never dreamt that I would be writing this column, and the lady who is our pastor, never thought she would be one. But, God had a plan. When we say we cannot, He says “Oh yes My child, you can, and you will, because I will raise you up”. I have heard it said that He always equips the willing. This must be true, because I have seen many people transformed over the last few years. Those, including myself that said, oh I can’t, are now doing. That is the power of God. Please know that if you have a willing heart, He has a place and a purpose for you. He knows your name, your talents, and your capabilities. All He asks of you is to believe in His ability to transform you, and He will sweep in and take the wheel.

2 Timothy 1:7 NIV, says “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline”. This scripture should give all of us hope and reassurance that our place to help in God’s Kingdom is already there. We just have to step up, and step out. Perhaps now, you can say to yourself, if God says I can, then who am I to disagree?https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment