Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

What Is Truth?


Yesterday I wrote something on Facebook that I thought would get some rather harsh responses but instead the replies were not only intriguing but very positive. If you think the truth is going to hurt your feelings, don't ask me what I think. I make no bones about where my faith is and I do not compromise. That said, I also have the utmost respect for other’s opinions and views but my ideals are mine. There are those who will challenge and get all upset about things I believe but my question is this; if you didn’t want to know my perception of truth, why did you ask? Sure, I could lie in order to conform but think about this for a second, I train people the skills required to perform first aid. This is all laid out in a tried and true methodology and it is, according to the majority of the first aid courses in Canada, the truth. I teach the truth to the best of my ability and believe in it. If someone says “so we have to stop the bleeding first, can’t it wait until the end?” and I say it is up to you just to avoid an argument or keep from hurting your feelings, what happens?

I hold to the Truth and hold strong to His message of love and compassion for not only our Creator but also for each other. Jesus said in John 8:31-32 “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” We can speak in riddles and half truths but this does not benefit anyone. The lack of truth and transparency in any relationship is like building a tower on sand. It may stand in times of peace and calm but it does not have the strength of foundation to handle any shaking or stress. There are many out there who will speak and teach in a language that will tickle the ears and placate the masses into acceptance of fallacy and others who will try to sully the truth to lead others astray. Paul does talk to this when he wrote to the Ephesians that we must stand up to the deceitful scheming. God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love—like Christ in everything. We take our lead from Christ, who is the source of everything we do. Eph 4:15 Msg.

This Sunday, we celebrate the Truth of the Lord. We invite you to join us in person or online at 10:30 MST or you can watch live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment