Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Oh What A Wonderful Life


This past week, the world lost an amazing woman. Barbara Bush always struck me as a very kind and loving person who would defend her family and her faith to the very end. She seemed to radiate compassion even when the times seem to warrant another reaction. I was listening to excerpts from her life and in a speech, she said this:

At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child or a parent. Barbara Bush

How often does our calendar rule our daily lives? I have had days where the rainbow of colours on my calendar blend into one confusing mess. A look at my week resembles a demented Picasso that was left out in the rain and then wiped down with an old newspaper. Looking back now, I ask myself where was my time out for God, my family, myself?

I have taken time during this period of illness and pain, to reflect and analyse my own personal schedule. No, this is not a pity party for me, it is about healthy living and a healthy spiritual walk. The world has defined success as a busyness that keeps us striving for more time at things that, frankly, don’t really matter. Mrs. Bush hit the nail on the head when she talked about those things in life matter a whole hill of beans. Yes, my boss wants me to be successful because this makes him successful but at 65, that person no longer matters but my family is still there. I am sorry I did not spend more time with my family in earlier years. Have I changed my habits? A little bit but there is so much more I could be not doing so that I can be doing what is truly important; God, family, friends.

The world puts doubt in your mind. Your are not successful unless your entire being is 100% dedicated to being at the top of the pile. That doubt sets in, families and relationships are strained and chaos ensues. What is truly important to you? This Sunday, we look at doubt in the New Testament and seek His wisdom for us in the Scriptures.  Join us either in person or online as we celebrate the love and joy of our Saviour and King. Services start at 10:30 MST and can be seen live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or viewed afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment