Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Where Is The Mission Field

This weekend we are having a very special treat. We are having two services, the first service is going to be a message from our missionary family and the second service is from our General Superintendents from Lenexa. To make the Sunday morning service even more international, we will also be hearing from Toma and Julia. If there is one thing I have learned from my studies it is this; Christian service looks so different depending where you worship but the Message is the foundation for all the faith gatherings.

When I started in ministry almost 21 years ago, I was pulled in so many directions. “You need to be in youth ministry because I feel you have a calling there” or “I feel you are called to this ministry or that ministry”. I even had one person tell me that they didn’t think I should go for a counselling ministry because that was not my calling. My great-uncle suggested I should become a missionary and was going to help me get into the mission field. I got really excited but before this thought was realized, he passed away and I never gave it another thought. God did place a call on my life to be missional but it was nothing like I expected. I thought of missionaries as those people that go out into the wilds and bring the Message to the locals that have yet to hear,

 in those far off exotic places like India and Papua New Guinea. Then I read this in Wikipedia.

A Christian mission is an organized effort to spread Christianity to new converts. Missions involve sending individuals and groups, called missionaries, across boundaries, most commonly geographical boundaries, to carry on evangelism or other activities, such as educational or hospital work.

The mission field is, in my opinion, wherever we are. We all have the opportunity to pour into the lives of those all around us and reflect the love of God in everything we do. I think of Christ’s response when he was asked “Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?”

“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,[c] you were doing it to me! Matt 25:37-40 NLT

We invite you to join us as we celebrate His grace and love this Sunday. We invite you to join us online Sunday at 10:30 AM MST. Click on either link below to join us live:

Facebook Live -

https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

See you all Sunday.

Blessings

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment