Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

You Can't Please Everyone

When I was a teen, my family bought our brand new house and my brother and I were allowed to choose the colour of our carpet and the wall paint. We both chose a shade of blue but mine was just slightly different than his. It would have been easier and less expensive of we both could agree on the same colour scheme but there was no pleasing. In the end, we were thankful for our own touch on our surroundings but what was truly important was we were under one roof, safe and sound. I'm not sure if a day goes by when we fail to please someone 100%. In counseling they talk about a win/win situation but there are many times when that is not always the case. Let's be honest, there are times when we put on the mask the big smile but behind the mask there is still a bit of pain and hurt. I have seen this destroy relationships, businesses, tear down Nations and split churches. The idea of my way or the highway or we can compromise but it has to be a good deal for me seems to be the norm in society today.

So here is the question, has God pleased you? I've seen people jump from job to job, relationship to relationship and even church to church because they were not completely satisfied. Now before anyone calls me hypocrite, I am not claiming perfection because I'm a work in progress. This is the question for us all to self-examine. Is God living up to your expectations? Has He jumped through the hoops we have set for Him? Does He answer the questions the way you want Him to? Has He provided exactly what you wanted? If God hasn’t granted your every wish, are you annoyed enough to give up on Him? Time to blow your mind; none of us are perfect and yet God is there for us, ready to take us just as we are. There is a win/win solution in this message; declare Jesus as Saviour, ask forgiveness and you will be forever pleased. You can't please everyone but God can, trust in the King!


This Sunday we will explore God’s love for us all. We invite you to join us if you can at 10:30 MST on Sunday or watch live online on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/ ) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment