Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

The Hardest Words To Say


What are some of the hardest words to say? Here are a few to get you started. For some people (insert your own joke here) the hardest words to say are “I’m sorry, that was my fault”. How many conflicts could be avoided if the person responsible for an error stood up and took responsibility for their mistake rather than look around for someone else to blame? “If I can deflect this, I should be able to slide under the radar and avoid taking responsibility.

Another phrase that is difficult for some is “I need you”. For some, asking for help is a sign of weakness. I will confess that this is a difficult one for me because I feel I am interfering in others plans when I ask for help. There are times I feel like I am being a burden on someone if I tell them I need them so I do it myself rather than disturb them. This is counterproductive on two levels because there are times I really should ask for help but there are also times when they would ask for help but they do not want to interrupt my day.

Last one for today. “I love you”. I have heard this bandied about to the point where it may seem rather overused but I have also seen people struggle with this in so many ways. I mean think about it. When was the last time you chatted with your siblings, parents, children or your spouse and declared your love for them? I know that if I called my brother up right now for no other reason than to say “I love you bro” he would ask if I was feeling okay. Truth be told, it is the ones closest to us that we really should be letting know of how we feel.

Here is another one that, if we declared it and lived it, the entirety of the world would be significantly improved:

“Lord God, I am truly sorry for my errors, forgive me. I need you in my life because without you I am completely lost. Help me please! I love You with all my heart, show me how to love You and those around me more deeply”.

This Sunday we will explore God’s love for us all. We invite you to join us if you can at 10:30 MST on Sunday or watch live online on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/ ) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment