Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Thursday, October 10, 2019

When I Was Your Age


I can remember a time when my dad said “when I was your age…” In fact, I have used that in the past with my own son. There are times when I want so much for my son to follow the rules I have laid out not to appease some dictatorial craving but rather to save him from the hurt and pain I suffered going through the hard times. Funny thought, however, is that these are generally the same rules I rebelled against in my past, the same sage words that my father passed along to me. When I was young, I knew everything and the older I got the more wise my parents became.

Why is it that so many are turning their back on the Lord and walking down a path that leads nowhere? I remember when I was younger my grandparents ensured I knew the Lord and understood how His law was not there to pin us to the ground but allow us to rise up and thrive. At some point, the message was buried and the rules of the world took over. Now, however, many of us are realizing that what we turned away from or seemingly forgot is becoming real and relevant once again. As the days behind us become more than the days in front of us, many are starting to realize that the His wisdom and knowledge are infinitely greater than my own and He is much becoming much wiser as I grow older. It is never too late to re-visit His place in our lives and to accept His offer of eternity in Glory. It is never too late to turn to our Father in Heaven and give thanks for sticking by us as we wandered through life.

My parents always had my best interests in mind when they put forward boundaries, rules and passed along words of wisdom. In retrospect, they were and are correct. In hindsight, even though I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, my Father in Heaven walked through the trials with me, with us all, and wants us all to seek out the blessings and grace of God.

This Sunday, we take a break from our Psalm 119 series to give thanks for all our Lord has provided. We invite you to join us if you can at 10:30 MST on Sunday or watch live online on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/ ) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment