Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

His Words, Their Voice


As I write this message, I am struggling with the aches, pains, and loss of energy of fighting cold/flu symptoms. What started with a sore throat quickly became a fight for every breath, and the continuous coughing has robbed me of any meaningful sleep. It’s interrupted my life this week. Yet, even in this I have heard the sweet sounds of God’s voice, or rather the voices He used to tell me I am His beloved. From the house call of a physician friend to examine me late at night, to the prayers and phone calls from my church family, He tends to me. From my wife’s tender touch of a scalp and back rub and a home cooked meal, He covers me. In the sweet voice of my mom who called just to check in offering soup for the soul, and ending a phone call with the words that she loved me very much, He will heal me.

I tell you these things because He does that for each and every one of us. I just happened to pay attention to the many ways He tells us we are loved by Him. It seems to me that God is forever trying to communicate His love and care for us, but in our own situation we don’t always hear Him. The busyness of our lives, the volume of the world, and yes a heath issue have a tendency to deafen us to His care. I am reminded that it is exactly in times like this that we look up and search for Him. He already knows what our situation is and is waiting for the invitation to settle in and surround us. Look for him in all things, not just the good things. Don’t worry about what anyone else says or thinks when you give thanks.

You may even have somebody ask you if you really believe what you’re speaking or praying about. Plant your faith feet and say yes, absolutely. I had an earthy father who I can speak to any time. All I have to do is picture him in my mind’s eye and memory and he’s there. Even though I don’t know what he looks like, I can do the same with my heavenly Father. I know that when someone calls to pray for me, that it’s His words to me that I hear. When I am tended to by my wife, I know it’s His healing power that is in her hands. So you see that even the simple thing like fighting a cold or flu can bring you closer to God. The breaths you take in between the coughing are the ones He sent you to say my child, I too love you very much..

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment