Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Love Of God


I was in line for a coffee a while back and had painstakingly rifled through what used to be called the ashtray to find a dime and a nickel to pay for my large steeped tea, two milk and two sugar (just in case anyone out there is coming by for a visit J ). As I reached the window I managed to pry the sticky dime from the bottom of the cup holder and had just enough for my purchase and avoided putting the price of a tea on the debit card where the service charge would add another third to the cost. I truly feel bad for all those who work at the drive through counter. That dime was nasty. The attendant greeted me very warmly and I apologized for the state of the change and she just laughed and said it happens more often than I think. She handed me my tea and told me the person ahead had paid for it and for me to have a great day. I hadn’t even noticed or paid attention to the person in the car ahead of me. I was so busy fishing for change that I was oblivious to the person in the car ahead. In fact I could not even tell you the model, make or colour of the vehicle but I do remember it was a car. After stumbling through a series of thank yous and how kind of them, I realized I was holding up traffic and the sticky change was still in my hand. I dumped the change on the counter and told her to keep it, pulled out my bank card and paid for the order of the vehicle behind me.

Now, I don’t tell you this do solicit any atta boy from anyone reading this because frankly I am rather ashamed of my actions that day. I am not talking about the paying it forward for the person behind me in line but rather the fact that I did not realize what the person ahead had done for me, the unsolicited kindness they had shown and the fact that there was no way I could properly thank them for the wonderful gesture. Many times over the years people have told me to just be thankful for the generosity of others because it is a blessing for them as much as it is for me. Over two thousand years ago, our Father in Heaven sent us the gift of eternal life, His one and only Son. At the time very few understood the significance of the King’s birth. They did not recognize how He arrived, what He was wearing or even what He was driving. He paid it forward the day He was born and paid it in full the day He came up from the grave three decades later.

He has paid the price for each of us and Christmas is the time we celebrate the coming of the Perfect Gift from our Father in Heaven. We can celebrate His gift every day and pay it forward to those around us by sharing our celebration with them. Spread the Word each and every day and pay His love forward to the next person in line. Shout Merry Christmas this holiday season and let the world know that the Prince of Peace is the reason for the season. We invite you to join us in person or online at 10:30 MST or you can watch live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment