Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Final Place You Look


I need to ask this question because it is one without an answer yet it is a very viable question. Why do we, for the most part, always wait until the last minute to look for the proper help? Confused? Let me elaborate with this example from past counselling sessions. A couple comes through the door, neither is speaking to each other but will argue their point through me while sitting in the same room as their spouse. This is not a word of a lie, in almost every case, one or both will say that they have tried everything to save the marriage and I am their last hope. No pressure there. I was reading my Pocket Devotional this morning and the author talked of being in a bad predicament and trying anything possible to snatch out a victory, he will try, his flesh holding on until there is no hope. Then he says “When I finally realize there is no way out…”

Paul speaking to the Corinthian Church was relaying to them that times were very difficult yet there was always hope. In 2 Cor 1:9-10  Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. 10 He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. There are difficulties in this world that can seem overwhelming but there is always hope in Christ. Don’t wait until it is too late in your own mind. Don’t take anything for granted or miss the opportunities to take preventative measures. I take my car in for fairly regular oil changes so that I don’t end up with issues. My wife and I take stock of our relationship regularly so we don’t end up in a position where we are hanging on by the final straw. I pray continually for family and friends because my God is our power and protection. Before life gets to the point of no return, call out to God and put on the Armour He provides.

This Sunday we gather to celebrate God’s love and relationship in our lives through song and worship. We invite you to join us in person or online at 10:30 MST and can be seen live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or viewed afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment