Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

He Really Does Know Best


I remember many television shows from my childhood in the early sixties. It was a time where families would have situations that would be resolved within the thirty minute time slot. They were all wholesome programs where the father of the home would always seem to be able to solve and protect the family until the following week. Father Knows Best, was such a show. It is faded from my memory now, yet the title rings true even today. Actually, this column is entitled Our Father Knows Best, because He does. I remember growing up as I entered my teens, I knew everything, we all did. There were times when my father would teach me, correct me, show me, and even argue with me. Yet, through all of these, he loved me through everything, even myself. There was an instance one day that I learned in school how to connect an electrical circuit. Yup, home I went to show the old man how to do it. One quick jolt up my arm showed me my skeleton. I worked with dad in a business and we would sometimes lock horns and get nowhere. Yet as the years flew by, he sure got smarter. The more he kept loving me, the more I realized that he was right, and always knew best. That learning from him is still alive and well today, even many years after he went to glory.
   
Our Father, God is the same way. He always knows what is best for us, even when we think we know better. We must remember that He is the head of our household, and what He shows and teaches us should be taken in, and passed on in love and kindness. He is the one who anointed and appointed the pastors in our church bodies. He is the one who chose certain people to be leaders and teachers in our gatherings. As humans, we will try to get along, yet we will get in His way at times because He made us all different. We will have disagreements with each other. Yet, just like my dad and me, we, and Our Father must always have love and understanding as the bond to heal any disagreements. My father wanted nothing but the best for our family, and God wants nothing but the best for us as a faith family. Perhaps, the time He gives all of us together and His presence is His way of saying, my children, I know best what is in store for you, so love each other always and keep leaning on me.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment