Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Come Home Now, Your Room Is Ready

As I spoke with a good friend  this week, he introduced me to his brother Leo, visiting from England. The baby brother is the ripe age of seventy five. Before long we were speaking about the Lord, living, and longevity. Leo said something that I found very profound. He said that God won’t call us home until our room is ready, an obvious reference to the book of John in the Bible. Jesus was comforting his disciples in John 14:1-4 NIV, where He says, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

This is an encouragement to us all to be faithful servants to the Lord, all the days of our lives. Jesus has made this promise to all of us, so while He prepares our room, we should prepare to go there by how we live our lives. Three weeks ago, a wonderful, faith-filled lady, and a friend to many, went to be with our Lord. She always welcomed our group as we sang for her friends each month. This past week, an uncle of my wife, also a faith-filled friend to many, passed, and is now re-united with family gone before him, and Jesus. Both were in there advanced years, leaving families and friends to grieve, and yet celebrate lives well lived and shared. Well, I guess they were called because Jesus had their room ready and knew that their impact on all of us was within His plan.

Like an old empty church building being torn to the ground, our human bodies will age, and be returned to the same. There will be sadness for the loss, yet, we should remember that it’s what took place inside, then shared outside for God’s Kingdom, is what really matters. So enjoy your gift of life, knowing that God will call you home, but only when your room is ready.

Mike Shindruk

www.mastershandministry.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment