Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Stop For The One

Last Sunday, our guest speaker, Wesley Whidden, encouraged us, as part of his message, to “stop for the one”. What a powerful message. Someone very close to me that I am encouraging in the Lord, shared how God spoke to him the day before. In a cashier line, the gentleman ahead of him, was purchasing some food. He was of modest means, and even after emptying his pockets, was a few dollars short. As the cashier proceeded to remove a few canned items, God intervened, and my friend paid for the additional items. He told me that he felt God instruct him, as his own want, was much smaller than the other man’s need. He was not boasting, only confiding to me, letting me know that he was getting Jesus’ message, and he felt Holy Spirit move his heart, and heard God’s voice. In that instant, dear friend’s, he stopped for the one.

Listen for God’s unmistakable familiar voice, as in John 10:27 NIV, My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow Me. Then be obedient to His prompting. Stop for the one. Speak to, pray for and forgive someone, even if they don’t or won’t accept it. Lighten someone’s burden. Ask Jesus for the same for yourself, and you will find He has someone for you who is waiting themselves, to “stop for the one”. Remember, Jesus went willingly to the cross, and allowed His human life to stop for you. He obeyed the Father and “stopped for the one”. You.

Mike Shindruk

Master’s Hand Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment