Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Oh What A Glorious Day

I woke up the other day to the sound of the chickadees outside the window and the smell of a fresh cup of coffee brewing in the kitchen. My wife was in the kitchen singing a wonderful song of praise to the King of all kings and, in my ear, the murmur of my pup as she dozed just over my shoulder. As I began to stir, her tail began to wag and all I could think of was just how wonderful the day was going to be.

As I went into the kitchen, Natalie greeted me with a loving smile and warm hug and, again, the thought came to my mind; what an beautiful day He has created. I walked out the door heading to the church to start my day and there was a deep peace. People I walked by seemed to have a serenity about them that almost glowed. There was no chaos enfolding about me, only a sense of perfect joy, love and peace. It was as though the entire world had succumbed to the power of the Holy Spirit. Is this not a wonderful dream to have for all mankind?

But what happens when we live God’s way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.
Legalism is helpless in bringing this about; it only gets in the way. Among those who belong to Christ, everything connected with getting our own way and mindlessly responding to what everyone else calls necessities is killed off for good—crucified. Gal 5:22-24 The Message

This is not a pipe dream, it can happen today but we need to realize and claim the gifts of the Holy Spirit by asking to Holy Spirit to fill us to overflowing. The world is caught up in the misguided dream of joy through things that can be bought or manufactured but I tell you this, true joy, true love comes from the Lord. While the idols of man generate temporary joy, the love of the Holy Spirit for all mankind is forever. Crucified are the ways of mankind, forever is the Love of God!

Blessings

Pastor Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment