Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Why Must I Believe?

There are numerous choices in life. Should I drink whole milk of skim milk? Is two percent a compromise? Whole grain or multi-grain bread? Brita filter or bottled water? Is there a right or wrong answer? Are there compromises? I understand that there are choices, numerous choices, in life and while so many of them are not life or death choices, it is a choice, your choice. Why, then, do so many people feel it is necessary to think their preferences are the only options and will go so far as to start an argument or even bully others into believing what they say is gospel. So many people don’t want to hear your opinion coming out of your mouth, they want to hear their own beliefs coming out of your mouth. I, for one, like options and I also enjoy exploring and researching these alternatives so I can make, what I would consider, a proper decision.  Is my choice right for everyone? No, it is not. Is it my right to force people to my way of thinking? No, it is not. Is it appropriate for me to present options so that others can make their own mind up? I would say that is the most considerate option.

For me, I believe not because I was forced to but because I have studied His Word and share with others what I believe to be truth. It is not up to me to force others to believe what I do, rather I present an option, the choice is up to those who hear. Consider this from Romans 10:

If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.  As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.”  Jew and Gentile are the same in this respect. They have the same Lord, who gives generously to all who call on him.  For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!”

Life is simple; we are born, we live, and we pass away. Life can be filled with joy and peace and I choose to believe the source of this love and peace is from God. Does it matter which Christian church I go to? Nope, He is the same today, tomorrow and forever regardless of denomination. Jesus came to save all mankind. He was born, lived and then died on the cross for each of us and He arose to show us that eternity awaits for those who believe. I am simply the messenger of His perfect promise. The choice is up to you.

We invite you to our Christmas Eve service online starting at 5:30 pm on the 24th (see links below). Sunday, 27 Dec., we will be on at our regular time of 10:30 am both in-person and online (following AHS protocols). Should you wish to join us online, click on either link below to join us live:

Facebook Live - https://www.facebook.com/main.ave.31

YouTube Live – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9LIkN_QTdVM6eVXEgy9QA

See you all Sunday.

Blessings

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment