Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Perfect Harmony

Over the years, I have had discussions with peers across numerous denominational lines and, while most of the time, these conversations have led to a common consensus; our foundational beliefs are very similar. If you compare our statements of faith, they are very close and the differences are not worth fighting over. Let me be so bold as to say this, so many arguments that happen within our own Christian faith family are because of the interpretations of theologians who had a viewpoint and people followed the teachings of a man rather than embracing the Truth of God. I know I will get a bit of a backlash but I can tell you this for certain, there is not a special place in Heaven for the Calvinists, the Wesleyans or the Lutherans just to name a few. We are all of the same Creator and it is time we embrace that truth. If you think I am way off base, please feel free to email me or even call me because I love to read the Scriptures and they are very clear. Let me reference 1 Corinthians 12 starting at verse 12:

The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ. Some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles, some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit.

Yes, the body has many different parts, not just one part. If the foot says, “I am not a part of the body because I am not a hand,” that does not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear says, “I am not part of the body because I am not an eye,” would that make it any less a part of the body? If the whole body were an eye, how would you hear? Or if your whole body were an ear, how would you smell anything?

Keep reading on further and you can see where the message is this; we all need each other. There is no need to argue how to interpret “kurios” but rather embrace the message, meditate on His Holy Word and let it nestle itself into your heart. Once you capture the joy and love of His Word, spread the joy and peace of the message in word and in deed throughout the land.

Many years ago, I remember a marketing campaign for Coca Cola that was a modification of a song by the New Seekers called “I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)”. Once I put down the lyrics, it will be an earworm for many of you.

“I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms
And keep it company.

I'd like to see the world for once
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills
For peace throughout the land”

We need to present the Gospel in perfect harmony with all the different denominations but we need to do so in such a way as to honour the Body as a whole. This is not the time to declare the righteousness of the denomination but rather proclaim the perfection of a loving and gracious God. Truth be told, I am not the only one to think this way. United for God, one voice for Christ.

This Sunday, we celebrate in songs of worship and do a lil’ business (our Annual General Meeting). This is a time of praising Him and thanking our Lord for an amazing year. We would love for you to join us either in person or online Sunday at 10:30 AM MST.

Facebook Live - Main Ave Fellowship

YouTube Live – You Tube

We look forward to seeing you this Sunday.       

Blessings,

Pastor Todd

www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment