Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

I Was Blind But Now I See

I remember decades ago when I was not looking to God for any direction, I was blind to the magnificent life that I could realize by following the Master. At one time I did not question God and, with eyes wide open, I followed His ways and His commands. Love God; love one another. Simple ethos to adopt as a way of life but as we grow up, things change. As life throws garbage at us, some of it sticks and over time, it builds up. Teasing, self-deprecation, negative self fulfilling prophecy, believing others over self all can make it tough to hear the perfect message from God. Our Creator does not make garbage. We are all perfect in His eyes yet we can be deaf to His message by the world. We can be blind to the perfection He created by trying to be exactly what the world has defined as perfect. God made us in His image and we all should live with that in mind.

When they heard it was Jesus passing, they cried out, “Master, have mercy on us! Mercy, Son of David!” The crowd tried to hush them up, but they got all the louder, crying, “Master, have mercy on us! Mercy, Son of David!”  Jesus stopped and called over, “What do you want from me?”  They said, “Master, we want our eyes opened. We want to see!”  Deeply moved, Jesus touched their eyes. They had their sight back that very instant, and joined the procession. Mat 20:30-34 Msg

I heard the voice of God once again a couple decades ago and I cried out “God, I have wandered so far and the noise of the world has overwhelmed me. The fog of deceit has clouded my vision.” Jesus asked me “what can I do for you” and I cried out “save me Lord” and suddenly my eyes were opened and I could see the beauty of life. The noise and distractions of the world were still there but His message was louder and was written on my heart. Love Me and love your neighbours, my wonderful creations. The more the world around us tries to hush the Master’s servants, the stronger we can become as we look to the Spirit that is God.

We are anticipating another Sunday of joy and peace as we come together to worship the Master. Join us if you can at 10:30 MST on Sunday or you can watch us live online on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca).

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment