Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

How Can I Keep Quiet?


My son graduated a couple years ago from University College of Dublin with a Master’s Degree in Mathematics and I was so proud of his accomplishments. There were a few who would have liked me to keep it to myself as I went on and on about all he had done. No one asked me or even commanded me to stop talking about it but there was the odd comment like “yes, you told me” or “you did mention something about that”. Now I am bragging on my daughter-in-law as she prepares to graduate from Trinity College. When the accomplishments of those you love move you, there is a need to communicate it to the world. I can honestly say I am passionate about my family and talk about them all the time. How can you not speak out when it is something that truly speaks to your heart?

Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges! As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.” Acts 4:18-20

There are those in the world who speak of their passions and some of them I am not all that passionate about but everyone has a right to speak out about their passion. We give them the respect due because we also expect the respect in return when we speak to our passions. There are a great many subjects people avoid because it usually leads to either an argument or social bullying. It almost seems like there are people out there that are looking for a reason to be offended. Peter and John were passionate about what they had witnessed and what they understood to be the truth but the Sanhedrin, the rabbinical court of the city, did not want to hear the truth or of the Truth and commanded them not to speak or teach such fallacies. I can understand how they must have felt. Do not ask me to speak of my Lord and Saviour. You may as well ask me to cease breathing. My Jesus is my life and my salvation. The Spirit that is God has breathed new life into my soul and to deny or to keep mute would be tantamount to death because He has given me life, through Christ’s sacrifice on the cross He has guaranteed me Glory. Respect flows two ways. Respect my passion to speak the Truth of my faith and I will respect your right to speak of your truth as well. This is the honour we afford to each other and this is how we can live in peace.

We invite you to join us in person or online at 10:30 MST or you can watch live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MainAvenueFellowship/) or view it afterwards on our website (www.mainavefellowship.blogspot.ca). We truly hope the glitch that delayed our live broadcast will not repeat itself!

Blessings
Pastor Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment