Visit our new web page @ www.mainavefellowship.ca

Monday, February 11, 2019

Going To Bat For You


In the game of baseball, it is common for a player to pinch-hit for someone else. It means that one person will step up to the plate and wait for the pitcher to drill one in, and for another to run when a hit is achieved. I remember that when we were kids on a school playground. For some reason, I learned how to swing a bat, cross handed and could never get correction on that. For that reason I was a mediocre hitter at best, but I could run like the wind. That for sure wasn’t yesterday. I was relieved when a stronger hitter, like my best friend then, would go to bat for me. What he was really doing is standing in the face of whatever was being thrown at me, staring it down, and defending me. When someone goes to bat for you, this is what occurs.

My mother and father went to bat for me when I was new to the workforce. When we as young adults, apply for that first car loan, our parents will most likely be the ones who co-sign, or go to bat for us with the bank. As we grow older, we also do this for our kids, and the cycle will continue for each coming generation. You see, we all will have times in our lives where we too will go to bat for someone. We, as parents, and friends will step up to the plate and stand firm in front of any threats to those we love. We will stare the threat down, and hold fast to protect others. This will give the slow runners in life, time to make their way to safety.

Jesus does this for us every day. Sometimes we see it, and acknowledge it, but most times we are unaware. Every day we are alive, the evil one will be that proverbial pitcher from the opposing team that wants to bean you with a ninety mile an hour curve ball. He is standing at the mound, staring Satan in the face, and just waiting for whatever will come our way. We, just like the runner, only have to wait for the crack of God’s bat then we can walk, or run, because the threat has been knocked out of the garden. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 NIV assures us this way. But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.

Knowing this, we should forever be willing to have Jesus go to bat for us. So, step up to the plate and get ready to run.

Mike Shindruk
www.mastershandministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment